This has been a Tough Bliss year for me. Perhaps it was always going to be, having released a book by that very title this January! I have often reflected that perhaps I should be more careful of what I wish for. Yet these tough times always pass and often lead through to new epiphanies, relationships, opportunities and grace if we have the courage to ride their waves.
WITH BARBARA SAVAGE
The podcast is a series of dialogues with global thought leaders, authors, entrepreneurs and modern mystics exploring the art and science of storymaking. Over the next 12 months we will cover the dynamics of personal, communal and global change through our series of ME, WE and US.
Season 3 – US
We move from WE to ‘US’ – Thought leaders, visionaries and elders from across the world share with us their prophesies and inspiring visions for the times of transition we find ourselves privileged to be living in.
Reflections of Grace
- It is more often quiet than loud
- It speaks the language of the heart
- It dances in light and dark
- It connects every living and dying thing
- It is the force behind miracles
- She / he appears in many guises
- It is there at our beginning and our ending
- It seduces us into our greatest adventures
- It allows us to let go and to let in
- It unifies and separates
- Grace is a gift given through the eyes, the breath, the kiss
- You are its holy longing
- It is what makes you … you
When we were kids, many of us would have heard the story of the genie that lived in a magic lamp and would appear when you rubbed it to grant you three wishes. Few of us however, would have believed the truth hidden within the metaphor of this ‘fairy-tale’.
Every story has a grain of truth within it, and yet it is partial.