RESTORYING LIFE – A QUEST IN AVEBURY
Discover the Art and Science of Story Making
27th – 29th April 2018
Avebury, Wiltshire, UK
“Once you have heard the pulse of your deep story, it cannot be ignored”
It’s the nagging feeling in the middle of the night when you wake. The ever-present mild anxiety that you are not where you are supposed to be, or that you are walking along the wrong path. It’s the pull deep inside that tells you that you are not living the life you know you could be, not making enough of a difference in the world. Familiar? Instead of waiting, ignoring and burying these feelings perhaps it’s time to stop, listen and discover the clues that lie deep inside you – the clues that point the way towards the biggest story that you are capable of living in the world.
Are you ready to create the story you were born to become?
Join Genevieve Boast, Founder of Beyond Human Stories and author of Tough Bliss: Restorying Life for an immersive story-making quest in the heart of the ancient landscape of Avebury, England. Over 3 days we will immerse ourselves in our unique human story, experimenting with powerful narrative transformation techniques. We will learn the art and science of both telling and making new stories come to life in the world.
DAY 1 – THE ADVENTURE
- Learning the art of sensing our authentic story thread amongst the noise and distraction of the world
- Understanding how the Restory Cycle can be utilized to create transformation and evolution in our lives
- Reconnecting to the unique spark of adventure that you came into this life to live
DAY 2 – THE METAMORPHOSIS
- Understanding how your tests and challenges have provided the backdrop for your gifts
- Exploring the science of story-making – how our narratives create quantum shifts in our reality
- Diving deep into your personal human story – using a variety of experiential exercises and guided tools to uncover your unique inner mythic landscape
- Undertaking a solo quest in Avebury’s landscape to help resurrect your true soul-story
DAY 3 – THE GIFTS
- Connecting to your biggest purpose / legacy and activating it in service of ‘your tribe’
- Finding your unique puzzle piece within the wider human, earth and universal story
- Seeing how your story of ‘Me’ contributes to the wider evolving story of ‘We’ on earth
GENEVIEVE BOASTAuthor, Founder / Beyond Human Stories
A life adventurer, whistleblower and insatiable optimist, Genevieve has always leapt off the cliffs that life has offered her into the potential of the unknown. Prior to running her own social enterprise Emergency Happiness, she spent 10 years working in the fields of Continuous Improvement, Corporate Social Responsibility and Leadership Development. Her current business, Beyond Human Stories, continues that passion – working with people and organisations, creating new stories and paradigms in education, business and global society. She has recently completed an Msc in Responsible Sustainable Business and continues that work in the fields of new business and sustainability. Having worked with and alongside teams from Serco, BSkyB, Sky Deutschland, The Change Foundation, Accenture and Coventry University, London Business School, she currently travels the world as a speaker, facilitator and coach working with a wide and diverse range of people helping them master the art and science of story-making.
The journey an intensive, personal adventure that we know from experience will create lasting changes in perception, behavior and life choices. Group sizes are kept intentionally small (a maximum of 10 participants) to allow space for both collective and 1-to-1 work with Genevieve throughout the three days.
Avebury: The land of the ancient and future ones
The largest known Neolithic stone circle in Europe, Avebury is a magical, ancient landscape steeped in myth and story. Simply being here evokes a change in thinking, creating an environment where you are able to drop your day-to-day monkey mind and focus on the things that really matter.
The retreat will be held at Elements of Avebury situated in the heart of the stone circle. Should you wish to stay overnight, there are several charming local Bed and Breakfast’s close by that offer reasonably priced accommodation.
This price includes
- A pre course webinar with Genevieve
- A personal one to one narrative mentoring session with Genevieve
- All related course materials
- Tea, Coffee and Refreshments on all 3 days
- VAT (for UK only)
This price excludes
- Travel to and from Avebury
- Accommodation on the 27th and 28th April
- Lunches and dinners
- Any additional activities or excursions outside of the retreat schedule
- Travel and medical insurance
- Visa (where appropriate)
50% deposit is required on booking to secure your place (see our Journey Terms and Conditions for full details). The remaining 50% will need to be paid 60 days prior to the start date for the trip. Please contact us at email@example.com to obtain further details or receive answers to any additional questions you may have.