Reflections of Grace
- It is more often quiet than loud
- It speaks the language of the heart
- It dances in light and dark
- It connects every living and dying thing
- It is the force behind miracles
- She / he appears in many guises
- It is there at our beginning and our ending
- It seduces us into our greatest adventures
- It allows us to let go and to let in
- It unifies and separates
- Grace is a gift given through the eyes, the breath, the kiss
- You are its holy longing
- It is what makes you … you
When we were kids, many of us would have heard the story of the genie that lived in a magic lamp and would appear when you rubbed it to grant you three wishes. Few of us however, would have believed the truth hidden within the metaphor of this ‘fairy-tale’.
Every story has a grain of truth within it, and yet it is partial.
I have recently discovered that I am a master of deception. Self–deception primarily.
I finally realized this about myself after waking up for the 100th night in a row, wracked with anxiety and stress from multiple known and unknown sources that I have become incredibly skilled at ignoring my emotions.