22 THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FOR IN LOCKDOWN
This week my family and I decided to undertake a daily gratitude practice. The longer the lockdown continues, the deeper we are able to connect and create in new ways. Remember, reconnect and restory is a mantra that will not leave me these days.
Never before have I been in one place for so long and never before have I seen the gifts of quiet inner time.
Everyone seems to be talking about returning to a ‘new normal’ but I am choosing to see this as an opportunity to return to a ‘ new natural’ balance. One than honours the inner and outer arcs of attention in our human and more than human lives.
The things I am most grateful for in lockdown, are those that create a natural balance in my world and my relationships.
In 2020, the things that I am most grateful for are –
- Home cooking every day
- Watching the sunrise and set
- Sleeping for more than 6 hours a night!
- Hugging my husband whenever I want to
- Planting veggies and medicinal herbs in my garden
- Daily yoga and meditation (I have been saying I would do this for years!)
- Family Zoom nights
- Working from home – balancing laundry with emails
- Getting to projects that have been on the back burner for far too long
- Spring cleaning
- Reading for pleasure
- Taking weekends off!
- Online retreats and classes
- Daily teaching from my inner wisdom
- Walking in the sunshine
- Foraging and making natural medicine
- Being healthier than I ever have for taking care of my immune system
- Feeling deep compassion for all those who are suffering
- Experiencing deep Earth connection
- Clearing and cleansing of grief
- Love in all its forms
What’s your daily gratitude list?